Skip to main content

Featured

THE THREE APPLES

 THE THREE APPLES T he Khalif Haroun er Reshid summoned his Vizier Jaafer one night and said to him, ‘I have a mind to go down into the city and question the common people of the conduct of the officers charged with its government; and those of whom they complain, we will depose, and those whom they commend, we will advance.’ Quoth Jaafer, ‘I hear and obey.’ So the Khalif and Jaafer and Mesrour went down into the town and walked about the streets and markets till, as they were passing through a certain alley, they came upon an old man walking along at a leisurely pace, with a fishing-net and a basket on his head and a staff in his hand, and heard him repeat the following verses: They tell me I shine, by my wisdom and wit, Midst the rest of my kind, as the moon in the night. “A truce to your idle discourses!” I cry, “What’s knowledge, indeed, unattended by might?” If you offered me, knowledge and wisdom and all, With my inkhorn and papers, in pawn for a mite, To buy one day’s victual, t

Short Love Poems by Joanna Fuchs

Short Love Poems by Joanna Fuchs

Short love poems are in great demand, so here is a whole page dedicated to short love poetry. If you're looking for short love messages or short romantic poems, this is the place. Short love sayings use imagination, as this short love verse does. 

Thrilling Love

Holding your hand
Warms my heart to its core.
It’s hard to imagine
How I could love you more.

Just looking at you
Gives me a thrill.
I love you now,
And I always will.


Fool For Your Charms

Every day with you gives me a thrill;
All my dreams you richly fulfill.
I'm a fool for your charms;
You belong in my arms;
Love me; please say that you will.

Love Time

If I could have all the time in the world,
I know what I would do:
I’d spend the time
In pleasure sublime,
Just by being with you.


Rock My World 

Darling your touch
Fills me with bliss,
My whole world is rocked
Each time we kiss. 

With everything
You say and do,
I’m so much more
In love with you. 


Every Thought of You

Each thought of you fills me with sweet emotion;
I give to you my deepest devotion.
My fondest wishes you completely fulfill;
I love you totally, and I always will.


It's You

Of everything I know and love and treasure,
It’s you, my love, who gives me perfect pleasure.
I love your way with me, your touch, your kiss;
To be with you is happiness and bliss.


My Everything

When all goes wrong, and my life runs amok,
I think of you, and I get unstuck;
In the midst of chaos, you make my heart sing;
You’re my peace, my happiness, my everything.

Short love poems can deliver big romantic messages: Sometimes love is enough to make a life happy and fulfilling, as this short love saying illustrates.

Because I Had You

If tomorrow my life were finished,
With many fun things left to do,
It wouldn't matter at all,
Because, my love, I had you.


Love Shine

Day, noon and night,
I’m thinking of you.
You’re deep in my heart
Whatever I do.

Oh, Love of My Life,
I’m so glad you’re mine.
I want you forever;
You make my life shine.


You're Perfect

Your femininity/masculinity attracts me;
Your steady strength supports me;
Your tenderness sustains me;
You’re the perfect love for me.


My Perfect Refuge

When life is cold,
I wrap myself in your warmth,
nestled in your love,
my perfect refuge.


Thanks for Love

I say a prayer of thanks each day
To the good Lord up above:
Thanks for the gift of you in my life,
For your deeply fulfilling love.


I Always Will

I loved you then,
And I love you still;
I adore you now,
And I always will.


Simply Love

Happy, full and rich is my life;
Contentment is all I see.
Why all the rapture, joy, delight?
It’s simply because you love me.

Short love poems can still communicate a lot. As short love poetry goes, this sweet, short love message says it all.

Source > https://www.poemsource.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts